Friday, September 18, 2015

Gaming Favorites : Summer 2015

Hey everyone! I wanted to share some of my gaming favorites for this summer. I haven't posted a game-related post in a while, so hopefully this one will make up for that. Thanks in advance for reading and let me know your favorite games at the moment as well as your opinions on the games I recommended!
-Smoothie <3

Games
1.) Kitty Powers' Matchmaker


This game allows you to run a dating agency and create matches for clients looking for love. The further you develop your agency, and the more successful matches you create, the higher rank you earn. With these ranks, you unlock hidden features such as new personality traits as conversation topics, new restaurants to dine in, new shops, and much much more. Personally, I think that this is a very fun and well-made game. I love the cartoon-styled artwork and simplistic animations. Despite the appearance and title, I think that this is a great game for any age (children, teens, adults). You never know if you may like something if you never give it a try. I think that this game is worth the money I spent. I have the mobile version (for iPad), and it's just the same as the PC version.

AVAILABLE FOR:
PC on Steam - $9.99 (USD)
Mobile for iPhone & iPad - $2.99 (USD)


2.) Agar.io

Agar.io, one of the hit free online games of 2015. Much like Happy Wheels (2010), I think that Agar.io had its time to shine, and it'll eventually slowly begin to die down. Do not get the wrong impression, Agar.io is on this list for a reason. I think that it is a very simplistic, yet addicting game to pass the time. Like many flash games, Agar.io is a game with the main objective to beat your own score. You are placed on a grid map with other players and your objective is to eat the dots smaller than you while avoiding players larger than you. Like I said, it is very simple, but after you play it once, you'll be hooked.


Want to watch me play?


3.) Minecraft Build Battle Mini-Game


Build Battle is a multiplayer Minecraft mini-game where you're given a theme and everyone must build something related to the theme in five minutes. After the five minute time limit is over, all of the players get sent in a cycle through everyon'e build, and you have the ability to vote. The voting options are Super Poop, Poop, Ok, Good, Epic, and Legendary. Whatever the other's voted on your build determines what you place. The image above was my build from the theme "Bed." It is a little hard to see, but hey, I got second place! :) This is definitely a mini-game worth checking out.!

Server IP: mc.hypixel.net


4.) The Sims 3 Island Paradise Expansion Pack

If you know me, you know that one of my favorite games is The Sims! I love the idea of playing with virtual reality. Especially when that takes me to different places. The Sims 3 Island Paradise allows you to take your sims to a tropical island called Isla Paradiso. With this expansion pack, your sims have the ability to interact with beaches and outdoor activities like never before! From scuba diving to resorts to boating to even discovering and becoming mermaids - the fun does not stop here with the Island Paradise expansion pack. There is definitely so much more to explore in Isla Paradiso! I personally think that Island Paradise is an expansion pack worth the money it costs. It comes with a ton of new gameplay, social interactions, a huge new beautiful town, resort ownership, and the mermaid life state. Not to mention all of the amazing Create A Sim and Build/Buy Mode items. This expansion comes with a lot of new content definitely worth investing in. If you'd like to read more information about Island Paradise or any other of the Sims expansions, I'd recommend checking out Carl's Sims 3 Guide.

AVAILABLE FOR:
PC & MAC on Origin - $19.99 (USD)
In stores (PC/MAC disk copies) - $19.99 (USD)

No comments:

Post a Comment