Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Lush Cosmetics : Blackberry Bath Bomb Review

Hey readers! I recently went shopping at Lush Cosmetics and purchased a few products. This had been my first time buying any of Lush's products, so I wanted to review them individually for you all. Here are my initial thoughts of the Blackberry Bath Bomb by Lush.

For starters, if you're not familiar of what a bath bomb is, it is essentially a formula which is specially designed to do something specific for your skin while you're taking a bath. This formula is then molded into a structured, dusty consistency which is meant to dissolve easily into bath water. Each bath bomb formula is constructed of different ingredients meant to affect your skin in different ways. I personally tried the Blackberry bath bomb as my first.

Blackberry Bath Bomb by Lush Cosmetics

The one that I personally purchased at Lush, had a slightly different design from the image pictured to the left (from Google images). It was still the same beautiful dusty sky blue color, but it did not have wording on it.

The natural Bergamot oil is meant to uplift your spirit with the light, yet rejuvenating fruit scent and the gorgeous, chimerical sight. Once this bath bomb reaches the water, it fills your bath tub with the most beautifully whimsical deep purple water wonderland.



As soon as I got inside of the bath, the delightful smell of the blackberry almost immediately relaxed my body. The scent is not too subtle, but at the same time not too strong. It's just right. I personally lit one of my favorite Bath & Body Work's candles, Watermelon Lemonade, as well as shut off the bathroom lights to complete my preferred relaxation environment.

                   

I did notice a few benefits that I received from this bath bomb. First of which is during the bath. I genuinely felt relaxed in my mind and throughout my body. I think the smell contributed to this feeling as well. After quite some time has passed in the bath, the blackberry scent slightly faded and has altered into something which is similar to a lavender scent. This may as well have been the combination of my burning candle and the bath bomb, but either way, it still smelled delightful. After taking my bath, I noticed that my skin felt smoother and softer. This softness lasted for about an entire day after usage. Not to mention that the pleasing blackberry smell still lingered even after stepping out of the tub. I will say that the scent lasted for approximately 8-9 hours. If you want the scent to last for the majority of the day, then I'd recommend bathing (using the bath the bomb) in the morning rather than at night. I personally bathed at night, and I felt fine the next day. Another benefit of using this at night is that it helps you sleep better in a way. That is what I discovered for myself at least.

My overall thoughts of this bath bomb is very positive. I throughly enjoyed my very first bath bomb experience, and I highly appreciate the long-lasting benefits I got from it. I think this was a very nice rejuvenating experience for me since I don't treat myself or my body very often. Would I purchase this bath bomb again? Yes, definitely! I love everything from the smell, the color, and the effects! I may be a little optomistic since this was my first Lush bath product, but nevertheless, I would definitely recommend trying out this product!

No comments:

Post a Comment