Monday, November 16, 2015

My Autumn Shelf | IRL

Hey readers! This is my first post in for a brand new blog post series called Smoothie's Space In Real Life, or IRL for short. This is a blog post series where I show you some of my favorite spaces in real life. I will present a photo then go more in depth into why I like this space and the reason for having those items there.

Today I decided to show you one of favorite spaces in my bedroom- my decorative shelf. I like to decorate this shelf according to season, holiday, or any other special occasion! Since we are in the middle of the fall season, I decided to show how I decorated my shelf for the season. :)



Red Tissue Paper - Many people don't realize, but you can reuse tissue paper in many ways. I personally love to switch up the color of the tissue paper on my shelf according to the season. Don't throw away tissue paper from gift bags, but reuse them to your advantage! Here is one of many ways you can do so.

Rustic Wooden Heart - This little accessory doesn't have too much significance to this area, but I think it makes a cute decor piece! I would definitely switch this up with something a little more appropriate for fall (such as hanging faux leaves), but I did not have anything on hand, so I decided to keep the heart up there.
(Purchased from: Michael's Craft Store)

Pumpkin - No autumn season would be complete without pumpkins! Not only can you carve or paint them for Halloween,but they also make a delicious harvest food for Thanksgiving! Mini pumpkins make for great room decor as do larger pumpkins for the front porch.

Paper Leaves - One of the first things that come to mind when thinking of fall, is the beautifully-colored leaves that adorn the outdoors. Since dead leaves will just brown and crumble, I decided to use paper leaves as a decor piece instead to still achieve that classic autumn feel.

Chalkboard - I found this item while looking around a craft store. This is definitely is more on the random side, but I fell in love with it. I think it adds an adorable touch. The main thing I like about this is that there is a chalkboard on one side and a whiteboard on the other. I also think that the adorable size of it also makes for a great room piece!
(Purchased from: Michael's Craft Store)

Candle - Candles can really create a certain mood varying on the scent. The candle shown above is called 'Tis the Season and it smells just like the holidays! With the delightful fragrance of cinnamon, mixed with a dash of apple and spice, this candle creates the perfect Thanksgiving and winter-holiday scent!
(Purchased from: Bath & Body Works)

Paper Pinecone - Again with the festivity, pinecones are a great representation of the holidays, because what is winter and autumn without pinecones? I created the pinecone myself using brown construction paper, glue, and scissors.

'Dairy' Mason Jar Vase - Mason jars make for a different way to store small items such as hand sanitizes or lip balms. One fun way to purpose mason jars is by using them as a vase. I put some fake flowers in mine. You can get mason jars in all sorts of shapes and sizes. They definitely make for great decor pieces!
(Purchased from: Michael's Craft Store)

Fake Flowers - Who says that flowers are only a spring and summer festivity? I think plants are beautiful all year around. I found these red and orange flowers for only one dollar each at the Dollar Tree. They're perfect for the autumn season and you don't have to worry about keeping them alive! Even after fall is over, you can reuse them for another project.

That is my decorative shelf for autumn. I love being able to have a little area where I can use my full imagination. Decorative shelves also make for something pretty to look at, that draws attention whenever you get visitors. I hope you all enjoyed and learned a little about my decorating taste. Thank you for reading and show me your fall decorations on Twitter! :)
Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment